A-FOLD Houses is an Italy-based company that uses a patented prefabricated modular structure that can fold into transportable compact units. The construction process takes between two to three days. The model utilizes a two-level design. Distribution in the United States is facilitated by Freedom Resource Group.
A-FOLD Houses submitted four units to the Disaster Recovery Alternative Housing Study Findings Report, ranging from 377 to 934 square feet in size.
- The patented modular system allows for multiple units to be transported
- Foldable design enables rapid
- The design is intended for a dignified, modern home that is available in multiple
- The largest unit size (Villa) can be divided into two apartments.
- Manufacturing capability is based in Europe will require additional investment to establish a reliable supply chain to target
- While the design is modern and dignified, it may not align with traditional architectural designs in some Texas communities.